Friday, February 25, 2011

Lost Unanswered Questions

I just finished watching the last season of Lost and although they did a good job trying to answer the unanswered questions, they still left a lot of questions unanswered. Watch this video and you'll see what I mean.



Some of the things this video asks were answered though.

The video asks "Why are supplies still being dropped on the island after the purge and by who?" They answered that question. There was a company setup to deliver supplies and it had no idea who or what those supplies were for. Ben shut it down.

It also asks "Why can't women have babies?" It's because of the electromagnetic force of the island. That is explained in the DVD that Ben shows the who workers when he shows up from the "home office" to shut down the shipping of the supplies to the island.

It also asks "Why doesn't the rule of time travel apply to Desmond?" It's because he has a resistance for some reason to the electromagnetic force of the island. We don't know why but he's special that way.

Here is a good list of unanswered questions by episode.

My biggest question is "Why was Walt so important and why did the others want him?"

I think Walt was phased out of the show because he grew up too quickly. When you move from one season to the next and he's suddenly 6" taller, it wouldn't make sense that he'd age so much on "island time".

I'd also like to know why Hurley didn't drop in weight after sustaining himself on a diet of natural fruits and vegetables. I remember some character asking the same question and pointing out that he'd actually gained weight while on the island.

How is that Ana Lucia appears as an LAPD cop to Jack after he returns to the mainland after she died on the island?

I like shows that have a beginning, middle and end but I like to know that there's a plan. This show had no plan. They obviously made it up as they went along otherwise all questions would have been answered.

I was entertained for 6 seasons. The show never "jumped the shark" for me but in the end I realize that it floundered around for the sake of being entertaining without having a clear story arc and for that, I'm a little annoyed. This must have been what it felt like to be a fan of Twin Peaks when it ended. At least they got two movies out of it to help answer some of the unanswered questions but I'm sure they were still left unsatisfied just like I feel.

No comments: